- Created: Saturday, 26 March 2016 15:17
Dear friends and supporters of SPESS
Martine, Nigel and Francis returned from Togo last week and after the climate and culture shock, it is time to make a first assessment of the mission 2016 Sagbadaï!
First of all thank you to all donors and supporters for your messages of support and encouragement on the social networks. We were pleasantly surprised this year to benefit from the WiFi in our hotel "Chez Bouba," which allowed the passing of information in real time, or almost real time!
We also profit from this newsletter to relay a sincere thanks from our friends of the Togolese Association. Sagbadaï village has become a model, so they tell us ...
- Created: Saturday, 05 March 2016 13:09
General Meeting of SPESS Sagbadaï...
Yesterday afternoon, we held the annual General Meeting 2016 of our sister organization in Togo, in presence of the village chiefs, the President of the regional development Committee, and members of the Association, under the presidence of Taïrou.
- Created: Monday, 22 February 2016 22:19
Departure to Togo this afternoon for the three musketeers.
GO TO TOGO !
Stay tuned for more news during their stay over there...
Like the three musketeers
- Created: Sunday, 21 February 2016 11:01
In a few days Nigel, Martine and François will arrive at Sagbadaï to put into place the actions for 2016.
Depart Monday afternoon in Paris, evening arrival in Lomé, and after a (very) short night a 5-7 hours bus trip to Sokode in central Togo. This is the price to pay to find our friends in Sagbadaï!
The program for this year, the stock of the situation of the actions launched in 2015 with our sister association, in particular the rehabilitation of the clinic. Then we will attack the actions validated at our last General Assembly:
- Training programs and exchanges with paramedic teams in the small clinics in Sagbadaï and the surrounding districts as well as the pediatric department of the hospital of Sokode . The program is techniques and care for newborns, led by Martine
- Launch the project "Community Center" 2016/2018: setting goals, proposals and validation of an architectural plan, planning and financing the work. If possible launch of work before we leave.
- Confirmation of the operation of the farm 2, launched last year.
- Assistance Plan in 2016 for the surrounding villages in the area.
- Meeting with teams of teachers from the college and primary schools, and approval of budgets for this year (books, equipment, any work)
The luggage is packed, the suitcases are full of medicines, clothing and gifts for children and adults, good luck to our three valiant travellers!
Updates of trip will be on www.spess.org and social networks (if Internet connections work!). Stay tuned ...