- Created: Sunday, 06 April 2014 10:36
"They have arrived back...
After three weeks in Sokode and Sagbadaï, working on the SPESS projects, our three valiant knights Nigel, Max and François arrived back after a final stop in Lomé and landed at Brest on Tuesday. A little thin (except Max ...), they enjoyed the moderate temperature, after 36-38 degrees daily in Togo, and the return to a more suitable food for their fragile stomachs ...
A lot of work and confirmed projects during this busy holiday in an atmosphere always friendly and positive among our Togolese friends:
- Validation and launch of the finishing work for the new primary school building (plaster, doors and floors)
- Validation of the budget and actual start of construction of the college, our number one priority, in partnership with an American foundation, and with the support of The Village Development Committee of Sagbadaï,
- Quick launch of health and environmental recovery project concerning used batteries, following the discovery of a serious impact on the health of teachers and students,
- Initialization of the dispensary project, in collaboration with the medical team and the Village Committee,
- Implementation of the autonomy of agro-pastoral farm.
The smiles of the children and the positive attitude of the villagers and friends of the farm have allowed our three SPESSmen to overcome the difficulties of building sites, and come back with the feeling of accomplishment, despite the little problems of everyday life (car breaking down, blackouts, no water etc..).
Stay tuned for more details, we will make a complete inventory of projects and the financial statement of operations in the coming weeks.
See you soon ... "